Some pointers to keep in mind when trying to loose weight.
- In the “western world" almost 40% of all the women and half of the male population has overweight.
- When you ride more and time passes your stamina and metabolism will improve. That means that you body becomes more efficient during sports, that translates into the more fat burning instead of carbs. The better your metabolism the more fat you burn.
- It is genetically determined where people store their fat reserves. For men that is especially around the abdomen. For women it's the hips, abdomen, buttocks and thighs. Please note that the first fat will disappear where it was last stored. This means you cannot burn away fat on a specific area by focusing your workout on it….
- Always weigh yourself at the same time of day, best is in the morning just after you get up.
- It is possible that after time your weight will stay the same or even increase. DO NOT PANIC, you are building muscles and muscles are heavier then fat!
- If you really want to change your lifestyle, to get fit, healthy and to lose weight, just take your time! Certain eating and living habits do not change overnight.